Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Anxious... real anxious.....

Yesterday morning, I received not so good news from my wife. She told me she received a call from the Medical Center in Subang Jaya requesting her to go to the hospital so that the gynae can explain further on her report.

Shit man..... Suddenly felt butterfly in my stomach. Suddenly no mood working. I had been staring at the monitor blankly. Suddenly codes cant find their way flow out from my head. I was worried. What's the report would be. Good Bad or Worse.... Worried Worried........

Then after my lunch hour, my wife emailed me. She said the doc explained that she might need to go for the amniocentesis test. According to the gynae, my wife is considered as high risk as her report stated that there is a ratio of 1:60 for abnormalities. Damn.....

Anyway, both of us agreed to go for the test. We don't want anything bad to happen to my baby. I want my baby to be healthy; and not to have the possibility of having Down Syndrome or any genetic disordered.

Hence, this morning, my wife went for the Amniocentesis test. For those who are not sure what it is, here is the information about it.

I have expected this test would be pricey; but not this pricey..... I was shocked initially when I was told that the test plus the whole procedure will cost a bomb. It was a whopping RM1,700++. I was told the lab test amounted about RM1,0xx and the rest were the consultation fees, and blah blah blah..... etc.

Wow... RM1,700 for the Amniocentesis test. Think about it, money does not really matter. What really matter is the baby's health. Money can earn back. But my baby's health is priceless.

The next step would be I need to ask the gynae the whole pregnancy will cost how much. I need to know the estimated cost. Natural birth will cost roughly how much. Or C-sec will cost how much. Nowadays, we can't run away from the $$$. We have to face it. So I also need to prepare beforehand. But I think initial stage, I might need to prepare about RM10,000 for contingency plan.

While I was talking with my wife bout this, I jokingly told my beloved.

Me: We must keep all the receipts for this whole pregnancy process till our precious is borned.
Wife: Why? What for?
Me: Need ler. Coz later if he/she kira with us when we are old, we can take back all this bills and calculate the cost. And must remember to add in the inflation interest.
Wife: LOLx


The above conservations are just imaginary. I do not wish one day my child will start calculating with me. I must inculcate all the good values to him/her since young.

Bak perpatah orang Melayu: Melentur buluh biarlah dari rebung.

Hopefully la..... sigh.... kids nowadays are unpredictable............

No comments: