Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flash compensation

I am so dumb, now only I know that I can plus or minus the flash "strength" with this flash compensation on my D90. This is the price to pay to not reading the manual. This morning, I happened to flip the manual and saw this feature. Thus after reaching home from office, I took out my D90 and try it out.

The below 3 photos are taken at almost the same position with the same lighting. The settings at f/5.6, 1/15 shutter speed, ISO-2500, Exposure +0.7 with focal length 55mm

Fig: With flash compensation -3.0

Fig: With normal flash: Flash compensation 0.0

Fig: With flash compensation set to +1.0

Conclusion, I think next time I think if I wanna take photos that are dark a bit and I want a bit of flash, I can use this feature. I still thinking whether wanna get myself a flash or not. But I think I shall wait a while. Kinda pokkai already after purchasing this. Moreover CNY is around the corner. ^_^

No comments: