Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am potentially and willingly being conned by XYZ!!!

Ta daa.....

Just as the title said, "Yup, I am potentially been conned by XYZ already"

The story went like this:
This morning just around my lunch time, I received a sms from XYZ asking for a favor. Firstly he sms me asking how was I? Fine? Which I duly replied that I am fine. That's was when I felt something fishy already. XYZ has not contacted till now. Of course he must have something to ask from me. A favour? Wanna sell product to me?

And well... in the end, he confessed that he needed a favour from me. He told me he needed $Y00.00 for some emergency things. As I knew and understand his nature of occupation, it would be normal that he ran into cashflow problems. And in another way, I think he need the money for his wife. He wouldn't cheat me.

Anyway, I told him that my account does not have the $Y00.00 as if I lend him that amount, my account would fall below the permitted level and bank will start to charge me a penalty. We haggled for well and set it less $300.

As I was going to transfer him the money; I did some check on this guy sensing this guy might cheat my money. I called one of this friend. Unfortunately, this friend of his also not so close with XYZ. But from his view, XYZ seemed to be nice and honest. That's when I decided to lend him the money. I sms-ed him that I had transfered him the money. He promised me that he will return it by 5th of November.

An hour after I had transfered the money to XYZ, his fren called. He told me some of the not so nice thing bout XYZ and said sorry to me as he also din know it. That's when I thought my money will be gone for good. XYZ's friend apologised profusely on his recommendation, which I replied not his fault. All fault is mine as I was the willing party.

What I worried is not the money. I was worried on XYZ. Why he needs to borrow money in so sudden? Is he really so cash-trapped? Or is he purely want to cheat me of that meagre sum of money? I just hoped he really need the money I lent him for the emergency purpose as I do not want to see another friend to go down the devil paths.

And so I hope, he will keep his promise and return the money by 5th of Nov. Else, it will only show that he is a TRULY BIG LIAR. Singapore is not a huge place. If he has become a LIAR, sooner or later reality will haunt him.

I just hope he won't follow the devils' paths. And so, I shall always chant for his safety and his family that he will not be influenced by devils.

As the result will only yield by 5th November; that's why I said, "I am potentially and willingly conned by XYZ." Potentially as it does not hold the truth yet until 5th of November.

Time will tell. Let's just wait.

1 comment:

Owen Choo said...

Just wait till the time's up. Then you know what is the result and at that time you can see what type of person he is. But always hope for the best from him first...