Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last weekend shopping spree

I had spent a whopping RM1.8k during my last trip back to M'sia. Amazing, right?? I also couldn't believe that I have spent so much. But all these are necessary... apart from RM280++ was for my personal indulgence. ^_^

Last Saturday I sent my car to my regular workshop for some maintenance. My car had amassed 140,000 km++ of mileage. Hence, it is time for me to change the timing belt. Besides, my mum will be driving my car from now onwards. So it is better be safe than sorry.

I sent my car to my workshop around 9.30am; I asked them to change the timing belt and commence with the normal car service. Besides that I had asked them to check my brake pad for the front and service the brake for the rear tyre. My car had been dripping engine oils for months. Even though it is not dripping heavily, I thought I should fix it together. Then my foreman found that it was due to the rubber in between the engine and clutch valve (I was told) has worn out. The rubber itself only cost around RM45. But the workmanship to dismantle it would be around RM150. Then in the afternoon, they found another problem with my car. They had found that the steel piping and rubber piping (for air condition, i suppose) had worn out too. The rubber pipe is going to rupture and the steel piping is rusting and its edges are giving ways. Sigh.... no choice. Have to fix it. Then around 4pm, received another call from my mechanic. I knew it won't be any good news. I was told again that the mouth of the clutch cable has cracked. He said there would be danger of the clutch cable to snap. I was horrified when I heard this. I just said, "CHANGE". When I got another call from the workshop around 6.30pm; I was relieved to hear that my car was ready to be picked up. I went there and saw the bill..... WOW!!!! RM809 for the maintenance. I wouldn't know it was reasonable or not; but I chose to trust my workshop. Coz they did not deceive me before and their workmanship is okay. Furthermore, I believe in karma. If they chose to cheat me; surely they will get their retribution. Just my believe!!

Then came on Monday, I went to aeroline to purchase my coming weeks tickets. I bought a debit card from them and reloaded RM800 on it. Got a 10% bonus; so my card is worth RM880. Must not lost it. Anyway, I straight use the card to purchase my tickets. Up till now, I think I had purchased more than RM500 worth of tickets already.

That's my shopping spree. RM809 for car maintenance. RM800 for my bus tickets. and RM280++ for my indulgence during my Deepavali stay at M'sia.

Scary.... huh!!!! :p

3 comments:

Owen Choo said...

No problem for you... you earn SGD ma... ;p

sooky said...

Initially I thought you were talking about shopping for baby stuffs... turned out you were refering to another kind of "shopping"! (I won't even call that shopping in any sense lol :P)

kayel said...

sooky,
still shopping ma. ^_^