Thursday, October 23, 2008

This on a Newsletter.......

Something caught my eyes while I was reading a newsletter.

There was this reader asking in a column on how to handle inappropriate interview questions for a job such as
"Do you have partner?" - or -
"Are you planning to get married?" - or -
"Where were you born?"

Well, for my part; I just do not understand why these questions are deemed inappropriate. Can anybody enlighten me on this?

For me, it does not matter as I do not think those questions are too personal. Probably these questions might be asked during ice-breaking session or the interviewer might want to have some chit chat.

Hmm.... In my opinion, as long as you answered the questions truthfully and professionally with proper gesture would be fine. Just my opinion though.

2 comments:

Owen Choo said...

"Do you have partner?"
- If you have, say "Yes" otherwise say "no"

"Are you planning to get married?"
- If you are, say "Yes", else say "no". If you get marry tomorrow, then just say "I am going to get marry tomorrow".

"Where were you born?"
- From my mum's belly!

Not so hard to asnwer after all ... ;p

kayel said...

haha... kanasai.